If you are a New Zealand / Australia online casino fan and you are looking for a safe and reputable payment method, you definitely have to check this highly popular online payment option, called POLi. It allows players to top up their casino accounts anonymously without a credit or debit card. The only thing they need is an online banking account listed on the POLi website in order to complete their payments. One of the biggest benefits of the service is that it does not require registration nor charges any extra fees on transactions.
The company providing this payment solution is POLi Payments Pty Ltd, formerly called as Centricom, was founded in 2006 and its headquarters are located in Melbourne, Australia. Currently, clients of 15 Australian and 7 New Zealand banks can use POLi to make online payments to gambling establishments. Unfortunately, due to recent regulation, Australian casino players (those going to hard pokie places near them) won’t be able to keep using POLi system. POLi works as a link between your online banking account and an online casino (similarly to Neosurf cards). On the official website, the service is promoted as the leading real-time online debit payment system.
Studying the method raises an important question: how does it work? There is nothing simpler than that. To use POLi, you do not have to find out new passwords or make another registration, all you have to do is to log in directly to your bank where the transaction is completed. Therefore, you must have an online banking account at one of the Australian or New Zealand banks listed on POLi website. No matter you would like to use your desktop or your mobile device, POLi works on both without any problem. We recommend the best real money casinos Australia accepting POLi pay: Fair Go Casino, Planet 7 Oz, Kahuna, Playamo, Uptown Pokies and King Billy.
Now let’s see the advantages of POLi payments
- It is a reliable and safe payment method and you can use it without sharing your personal and financial details with the casino of your choice.
- Many trustworthy online casinos support POLi as a deposit method and the list expands day by day.
- No credit card (American Express or Mastercard) or special account is needed to use POLi.
- It is a real-time online debit payment system so you can have your funds available for further wagering instantly.
- Australian and New Zealand players can make deposits in their national currencies with no additional fees charged.
- Payments made via POLi are carried out in real-time from wherever you are using your tablet, desktop or smartphone as long as you have an online banking account.
We have to note some disadvantages of this banking option
- Undoubtedly the biggest downside to this payment solution is that players cannot use POLi to withdraw winnings from their casino accounts. You have to opt for another banking solution to clear funds from your casino account.
- Only Australian and New Zealand citizens are permitted to use this system who have online banking accounts with the listed banks.
- After deposits via POLi are confirmed, the bank cannot reverse it like payments made by credit cards. Although high security measures are taken by the service provider, a number of the largest New Zealand banks warned their customers not to use POLi due to the serious security and fraud risks.
It is fairly easy to make your first deposit via POLi
Once you have created a real money account in your POLi-friendly online casino, you just need to go to the Cashier and choose POLi as a preferred payment method. In the POLi pop-up window enter the sum you wish to deposit and select your prefered bank you have an internet account with. Then log in to your account, check the deposit details carefully and confirm the payment through your mobile device.
Summing up the above mentioned facts, POLi is easy, safe and secure but not the best solution if you prefer to use the same deposit and withdrawal method to keep all your financial activity in one place. POLi won’t allow you to handle all your transactions and keep some order. This is the weak point of the system.